Store Home / Product Details
GB110-05 - Comfort Release® Transparent Dressings for IV Catheter & Other Wound Securement - OUT OF STOCK
< Return to Products
Share this Product
GB110-05 - Comfort Release® Transparent Dressings for IV Catheter & Other Wound Securement
Comfort Release® Dressings
3 Dressings at 2.375" X 2.75"
Border: Nonwoven Film
Window: 1.625” x 2” Thin PU Film
6 Alcohol Prep Pads included for Removal
Made in the USA.
The center transparent window is made of a thin sheet of polyurethane material, highly breathable with a low level of adhesion and is waterproof for better wound healing and skin health.
The border is a nonwoven film with a strong acrylic adhesive with a triggered easy skin release. Existing products for vulnerable skin often sacrifice adhesive strength for easier removal.
Comfort Release® is patented with a unique polymer that allows for secure adhesion to the skin when it is needed. A simple swipe with rubbing alcohol triggers the adhesive to release, so you can remove the transparent adhesive dressing without pain or discomfort to the patient.
Comfort Release® Dressings are designed for…
- Children / Older adults
- Anyone with sensitive skin, fragile skin, or thin skin
- Anyone taking blood thinners, steroids or any medication that can affect your skin
- Anyone who hates the pain of ripping off dressings Comfort Release®
Transparent Dressings features and indications:
- Easy to apply
- Highly breathable (MVTR >5000)
- Water-proof transparent window
- Triggered painless release
- Eliminates skin injuries when properly removed
- Strong acrylic adhesive skin bonding
- Recommended to be left in place for 3 days, can remain for up to 7 days; frequency of dressing change depends on the amount of drainage
- Indications: partial-thickness wounds, full-thickness wounds as a secondary dressing, or IV/Central line securement.
- Contraindicated as a primary dressing on wounds with moderate to heavy drainage
- Not made with natural rubber latex
To apply, first remove any soap residue, lotion or oils from periwound skin; skin must be clean and dry for strong adhesive bonding. If necessary, clean the skin with alcohol and allow it to dry.
Peel the release paper. Apply the dressing over the skin area and gently press down on the dressing.
To remove, simply wet the dry border area with rubbing alcohol – we recommend using alcohol prep pads. Use sufficient alcohol for painless release.
The clear window film can be removed without discomfort due to its low skin bond.
Seek professional help for medical emergencies. Consult a physician for deep or penetrating wounds. If irritation or redness develops or persists, discontinue use, and consult a physician. People with prior skin reactions to acrylic adhesives, skin burns, or allergic reactions to rubbing alcohol should not use Comfort Release®.
Alcohol Prep Pad-Large / Drug Facts
Active ingredient: 70% isopropyl alcohol, saturated prep pads.
Purpose: Dressing releasing agent.
Use: To release the dressing from the skin.
Warnings: For external use only; Flammable, keep away from fire or flame. Do Not Use with electrocautery procedures or in the eyes. If contact occurs, flush eyes with water. Stop Use if irritation and redness develops. If the condition persists consult your health care practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Store at room temperature (59º – 86ºF).
Inactive ingredient: purified water.