Store Home / Product Details
GB116 - Comfort Release® Border Adhesive Sacral Foam Dressings
< Return to Products
Share this Product
GB116 - Comfort Release®Border Adhesive Sacral Foam Dressings
Comfort Release® Border Adhesive Sacral Foam Dressings
5 Dressings at 8" x 8"
Border: Nonwoven Film
6.4” x 5.4” Foam Pad
NO Alcohol Prep Pads included
Made in the USA.
Hydrophilic foam pad is made of soft foam, which is comfortable, conformable and highly absorbent. It is breathable and capable of expanding up to 50% when fully saturated.
Comfort Release® Sacral Foam Dressings features and indications:
Moderate to heavily draining partial or full thickness sacral wounds.
- Redistributes shear & friction on tissue
- Conforms to gluteal shape
- Hydrophilic foam maintains an optimal moist wound healing environment
- Protective moisture-proof outer layer
- Strong, secure, long lasting acrylic adhesive bond with a recommended wear time of 3 days, depending on drainage, or as directed by a clinical professional
- Easy to apply, reposition, and remove without losing its adherent properties
- Lift and Look technology - can check a wound without replacing the dressing
- Painless and trauma-free removal
- Not made with natural rubber latex
To apply: Ensure the skin is clean, dry, and free of all barrier ointments or other lotions or oils. Remove the bottom half of the dressing backing and gently fold in half. Apply the dressing into the gluteal cleft, positioning the foam pad over the wound to achieve optimal dressing position. Gently press down on the bottom half and smooth the dressing into place. Hold for several seconds to ensure a good seal. Remove the top half of the dressing backing and gently press down. Finish by smoothing and pressing down on the entire border again to ensure a good seal.
To remove: Use cotton balls wetted with isopropyl alcohol or multiple isopropyl alcohol prep pads; wet the dressing border until it turns translucent. Gently lift the dressing border edge to remove, using one hand to stabilize the skin. Apply additional alcohol to the dressing border to painlessly and atraumatically remove the dressing from the skin. It is not necessary to apply the rubbing alcohol over the hydrophilic foam pad.
After the alcohol evaporates, the adhesive border can be placed back down onto the skin the adhesive bond returns.
Seek professional help for medical emergencies. Consult a physician for deep or penetrating wounds. If irritation or redness develops or persists, discontinue use and consult a physician.
People with prior skin reactions to acrylic adhesives, skin burns, or allergic reactions to rubbing alcohol should not use Comfort Release®.
Do not use if the package is damaged. Do not reuse dressing.